Friday, February 6, 2009

? of the Week: Bloggers blogging about blogs and blogging...and ethos

So, I am following wedding blogs because what girl doesn't love weddings, right? Plus, there have been a bunch of people I know getting married recently, which gets me thinking, and it doesn't hurt to get info and ideas now so that I can be a little better prepared when my big day comes :)

When it comes to blogs, the reason I was attracted to them was because they seem to provide a lot of information , a variety of sub-topics, and good sources for their ideas. This all ties into the author's ethos, or good will toward the audience, good sense, and good moral character.

The blogs I'm following show me ethos in that they are concerned about fashion but also keep expenses [relatively] in mind. Trying to find a way to have the best wedding possible and getting all the elements you want while finding good deals and not getting ripped off sounds like good sense to me! They look at fashion magazines and are up-to-date with style: they want to show what they've found to other people who are looking for ideas, which shows good will to me. So basically they establish ethos by showing knowledge on the subject and sharing tips that are beneficial to the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment